So, I woke up this morning to find myself a published novelist for the fourth time (okay, ‘The Shoot’ was a novelette…).
As with any book it’s my name on the cover, but there are a number of other people without whose help it wouldn’t have happened. So, thank you to, in no particular order:
* Rogue Phoenix Press for accepting the work and all the editing;
* Genene Valleau for a great cover;
* Philip McCormac for, as usual, ploughing through the very first draft and helping me get the outline plot in shape;
* Carole Ann Moleti and Cathy Chance who read the novel, and in particular for their help refining the characters, their relationships, and the romance (which I found the most difficult elements);
* The numerous Critters and others who provided suggestions and advice along the way;
* Finally, but by no means least, to Emma and Peter for their support and their willingness to walk across stunning Welsh scenery (often weighed down by ice creams) to help me check out various locations in the novel.