Latest News


Andrew's historical fantasy novel based on an ancient Welsh tale, 'The Fairy Wife' (working title) is accepted for publication!

Sunday, 10 February 2013

Writing Update

I’ve tried to keep this blog updated regularly over the last few months, and I think I’ve generally succeeded.  However, I don’t think recent posts have provided an update on what I’m doing.  So, here goes:
  • Art Class’ and ‘The Well’ were both published last year.  eTreasures Publishing are going to be making ‘The Well’ available for Kindle, so I assume it’ll turn up on Amazon soon.
  • Dana’s Children’ was accepted for publication in January.  It’s a violent horror based around Irish invasion myths.  Contracts still haven’t been signed and I’m reluctant to name the publisher until they are, just in case something goes wrong.  I have sent back the cover art form, though.
  • I’ve written what isn’t quite a sequel to ‘Art Class’, although it does feature the same main characters.  It’s very nearly ready to submit.
  • A Celtic fantasy will go through Critters this week.  It’s got a similar sort of feel to ‘The Doe and the Dragon’ and is a story I’m very fond of.  I hope Critters – and in due course a publisher - are as keen!  And a mention to Phil who read an early draft and gave loads of advice, and in particular encouragement when the going got tough.
  • I’ve started another horror novel, based again around Celtic myth.  I’ve only drafted a handful of chapters and I’m not fully convinced it’ll be a strong one, although it’s likely to be fun to write.  It’s got very much a 1960s/1970s Hammer feel.
  • I’m putting the final touches to a horror novella about Scottish witch trials.
  • I’ve reviewed a 150,000-word novel on Critters in around two weeks(!).  It was fun, and I have to admit gave me something writing-related to focus on during a period of writer's block, so the timing was perfect.
  • I’ve written a short, called ‘Stones’.  I don’t do many shorts because I don’t think they suit my style, so it’s a bit of a milestone.  (To be honest I wrote ‘Stones’ years ago but I’m quite pleased with it so I’ve revived and polished it.)  It’s about a honeymoon couple who come across a stone circle.

No comments:

Post a Comment