Latest News

Andrew's horror novella, 'The Bathtub', is now available.

Tuesday 28 April 2015

Acceptance: ‘Operation Trench’

I’m delighted to announce another acceptance.  ‘Operation Trench’ is a time travel novel about modern politicians who send undesirables back a hundred years to boost the British manpower shortage toward the end of World War One.

This is my first venture into both science fiction and World War One, and it’s a story I’m very pleased with.

As usual I’ll not name the publisher until everything is formalised in case something goes wrong or one party has to back out before contracts are signed.  However, it’s a publisher I’ve worked with before and who I’m very happy to be with again.

The novel is likely to see print in 2016.

‘Operation Trench’ is set partly in a university’s archaeology department.  That let me have some fun by including my favourite fictional PhD students – Kerry-Jane and Amy – who starred in my erotic novelette, ‘Art Class’.  Both also appear in the forthcoming follow-up, ‘Eton Mess’.  Although their roles in ‘Operation Trench’ are strictly non-erotic, it helped the writing to include characters I know and enjoy working with.

Many thanks to Charlie Hotchkiss and, as usual, Philip McCormac who read and made suggestions on early drafts.  Thank you also to Peter Richardson, who advised on some of the scientific aspects.

No comments:

Post a Comment