Latest News

Andrew's horror novella, 'The Bathtub', is now available.

Tuesday 2 January 2018

Writing Review of 2017

I’m jumping on the bandwagon again as I do every December, and doing a review of my writing year.  So, here’s what has happened in my writing world in 2017.

I’ve had two erotic shorts published, both featuring (so some extent) my favourite PhD student, Kerry-Jane.  ‘Eton Mess’ stars Kerry-Jane and Amy, her best friend.  The duo go out for a meal and enjoy the contents of the sweet trolley perhaps a little too enthusiastically, to the delight of their two waiters.

Eton Mess SmallWeekendTreat Small

Weekend Treat’ is a story around Rachel, Kerry-Jane’s supervisor, who thinks in her early thirties she is too old to be attractive.  The attentions of two handsome plumbers have her realising she’s still got it. Rachel was introduced to the world in my time travel novel, ‘The Door into War’, and this short develops some aspects of her character I couldn’t work on in the book.

Elsewhere my novel, ‘The Fairy Wife’ was accepted by Rebel ePublishers and is likely to be published in 2018.  It’s a similar story to ‘The Footholder’s Tale’ that Rebel published in 2015, being a retelling of a traditional Welsh story and set in the remote past.  Like ‘Footy’, this was great fun to write and I’m delighted Jayne at Rebel has taken it on.

So, what else do I have to look forward to in 2018?

Well…

  • I’ve got a handful of finished horror novels and novellas hanging around which I’m quite pleased with.  They’ll be looking for publishers;
  • A few more erotic shorts, as usual ‘starring’ Kerry-Jane;
  • I’m in the final stages of a violent horror set around Irish myth;
  • I’m in the planning stages of a couple of novels.  I’m not sure what I’ll write next – it looks like a toss up between a horror based around a heavy metal band, and a fantasy-horror set against the backdrop of witchcraft in the mid-seventeenth century English Civil War;
  • Several years ago I wrote a horror novel (‘Dana’s Children’) about a group of archaeologists who come across some creatures from Celtic myth.  The story was accepted by Wild Child Publishing before the house folded, and has been professionally edited.  I might consider self-publishing it this year.

Finally, I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who helped with my writing in 2017, especially Carole and Phil.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment