Latest News

Andrew's horror novella, 'The Bathtub', is now available.

Tuesday 26 November 2013

The Bucket List

Most people will be familiar with the term ‘bucket list’; a list of things they want to do before they die.  As a change from a writing-related blog, I thought I’d share mine.

My bucket list isn’t very long (“Hurrah!” I hear you shout), but I do have four ambitions which have grown up with me:

  • Have a novel published.  I achieved that back in 2006 with ‘Andraste’s Blade’.  I’d wanted to have a book published since my teens, but always thought literary success was reserved for ‘clever people’.  I don’t class myself as clever, but I did work hard and being published is something I’m very proud of – even if it hasn’t brought me fame and fortune.  Yet.
  • Seeing Aldershot Town play at Wembley.  There’s not much I can do about this one unless I win the lottery (or write a bestseller) to fund the club.  The club has been close three times: losing in the semi-finals of the Associate Members’ Cup, the Play-offs, and the FA Trophy, are perhaps my greatest disappointments in all my years supporting the team.
  • ‘Spending some time’ with a certain female TV personality.  I’ll mention no names, although family and friends will know who I mean.  It’s unlikely to happen.
  • Climbing Snowdon with my son.  We’ve holidayed in the mountain’s foothills for years, and every year since he was a toddler we’ve looked up to the peak and said, “One day…”.  Various ailments, and my terror of heights, have stopped us so far, but the, “One day…” still stands.  I love the region, which I hope comes across in ‘The Doe and the Dragon,’ much of which was set in Snowdon’s shadow.

So, there’s my bucket list.

No comments:

Post a Comment